Saturday, March 15, 2014

Black Bean and Avocado Recipe

Black Bean Avocad Salad recipe from "Oh She Glows"

I've gotten a couple of requests for recipes from my almost vegan recipe plan that I shared last month. Here's the Black Bean and Avocado Recipe.  I've pulled it from a blog called Oh She Glows which has lots of fun vegan recipes.  I've found that Pinterest is a great application for saving recipes.  I can search for ideas on the web and when I find one I like, Pin it to one of my boards of Pinterest where the photo from the recipe will show up.  Then I can just scroll through a bunch of pretty photos of things I've decided I'd like to try and when I choose one, click on it and it links me back to the site with the recipe (I usually have to click twice.  The first link goes to the photo and the second link goes to the original site.)

I've tried this recipe a couple of times.  It is so simple and uses ingredients we often have at home and it is just delicious as a salad, or a filling for a taco, for instance.

As far as how I'm doing on that menu planner, the answer is not so well.  That is the norm for me.  I'll spend a lot of time putting a menu together but when it is actually time to make a dinner, I go more by what is in the fridge than what is on the menu.  Never the less, I am getting back into the practice of cooking meat free (we had a month there where we ate a lot of meat) and I have used some of my planned recipes - or at least versions of them.  You know, I do feel better when I'm eating those whole grains, beans and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment